General Terms and Conditions, Ordering Instructions
FiBL carries out the order according to the AGB valid at the time of the order. The current AGB are available on our website.
2 Entering into the contract
With your order, you are making us an offer to enter into a sales contract. The contract thereby comes into existence in that we accept this offer through our order confirmation. The order confirmation contains the essential items of information relating to your order.
3 Your right to rescind
(1) You may rescind from this contract within 14 days of receipt of the goods by the intended recipient without any reason given. Notice must be given in writing or by returning the goods.
(2) A right to rescind does not exist with digital data media (CD ROMs, software, audio and video CDs) if the seal is already broken on the delivered data media. There is also no right to rescind services transmitted online (technical data sheet purchase through Firstgate ClickandBuy).
(3) Always provide enough postage for returned goods, and include the original bill with the returned goods. Goods without sufficient postage will not be accepted. We expressly reserve the right the charge you for any additional expenses incurred in the process.
We have the right to make partial deliveries. No additional expenses shall be charged to the customer in this case. Shipping costs are oriented to Swiss mailing tariffs for book and package deliveries.
When goods are exported outside Switzerland, duties may be levied. Customers are responsible for the payment of any customs charges.
6 Payment terms
The purchaser can pay the purchase price by invoice, credit card or by PostFinance card . For invoices we grant a credit period of 30 days after invoice date. The payment is to be made without cash discount deduction within this time limit. Contract and invoice currency is CHF. Special requests (such as express deliveries) will be billed separately. Prices are subject to change.
7 Payment default, costs for reminders
If payment is defaulted, we reserve the right to pursue legal action.
8 Reservation of ownership, withdrawal
(1) We reserve ownership of the item(s) purchased until all payments for this contract have been received. In case of a default in payment, we have the right to withdraw from the contract and demand that the item(s) purchased be returned.
(2) If a supplier no longer provides the goods ordered despite a contractual duty to do so and we are not responsible for the resulting inability to perform over an extended period, we have the right to withdraw from the contract. In case of withdrawal, we will inform you immediately of the unavailability and reimburse you for counter-performance already provided.
9 Offsetting, right of retention
(1) Offsetting is only admissible if your claims are undisputed or legally effective.
(2) There is only a right of retention if your counterclaim is based on the same contractual relationship.
10 Consumers' rights, liability
(1) If the goods are defective upon delivery, we will provide a remedy for the defects or a substitute delivery. If the remedy or the substitute delivery fails, you can demand that your payment be reduced or that the contract be nullified at your discretion.
(2) Our liability for our own faults and those of our legal representatives and vicarious agents is limited to intent and gross negligence. This does not apply to the violation of essential contractual duties or a lack of promised features. Liability as stipulated by the Product Liability Act applies notwithstanding.
11 Data protection
(1) The data needed to process the order are stored under strict adherence to current legal stipulations and only passed on to associated companies or third parties if required to complete the processing of the order. All personal data is treated confidentially.
(2) You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
(3) When transferring your data, the FiBL Shop uses the SSL protocol, which encrypts your data during transmission (128bit) to prevent access by third parties during the transmission process.
12 Applicable law and venue for the settlement of all disputes
(1) The stipulations of Swiss law apply expressly and in every contractual relationship.
(2) The venue for the settlement of all disputes resulting from your order is Frick, Switzerland.
(3) We also have the right to press charges against you at your general venue.
(4) The ineffectiveness of any stipulation(s) does not affect the effectiveness of the contract as a whole or of the General Standard Terms and Conditions.
13 Scope of use
(1) FiBL has exclusive rights, especially copyrights of exploitation and use, to the contributions, articles, photos, etc. made available to users.
(2) Users have the right to use this material under copyright privately and save it on the random access memory of their computer. This right includes temporarily saving the material for private purposes on a computer or screen. Users only have the right to make copies (such as printing websites or other material) for private purposes or for their own information. Furthermore, users may only use the material they download for private purposes. These rights only apply if copyright notices, brand labels, and names remain unchanged in such copies.
(3) All other purposes (including but not limited to copies for business purposes, permission to use for third parties or processing by third parties for the user’s own or other purposes or for publication, translation, processing, arrangements, and other revisions) require the prior written consent of FiBL.
(4) Users may not remove the copyright notices, brand labels, and other legal reservations in the data. Users are obligated to indicate that FiBL is the source of the data.
Forschungsinstitut für biologischen Landbau (FiBL)
Research Institute of Organic Agriculture
Institut de recherche de l'agriculture biologique
Istituto di ricerche dell'agricoltura biologica
Ackerstrasse 113 / P.O. Box 219
CH-5070 Frick, Switzerland
Telephone +41 62 86 57 272
Fax +41 62 86 57 273
Frick/Switzerland, 1st September 2012